American History

In the month of February, when we in the United States celebrate the accomplishments of people of African descent, we normally call it African American history. We limit our view to the United States.

Yet, the peoples of Canada, Mexico, the Islands and Central & South America are also Americans. In fact, Chattel slavery of Africans existed for over 100 years in South America before it came to the U.S.A.

Of over 15 million Africans to survive the middle passage trip to enslavement in the Americas only 9% came to the United States. The other 91% were distributed throughout the Americas with the main settlements being the Islands and S. America.

This chart traces the history of peoples involved in that great epoch. Learn of the contributions of the Europeans, Native Americans and Africans during this period.

Download the American History Brochure today!